Thursday, March 11, 2021

transient thoughts

Sometimes when I run across a word I haven't seen for a while, I suddenly notice it everywhere. Earlier in the week, we read the word transient in the Declaration of Independence. The word means fleeting, or temporary, and the founders used it because they wanted to make the point that people don't do something as serious as change governments just because things change.

Today I ran across the word transient in a completely different context. Reading this article also taught me a new word in Japanese - hanami. Learning that word made me feel a little better about human beings and the world we live in. I'm going to find a flower and stare at it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

this is it (here, for now ;)

We have a full day today: Mindfulness Dael's Masterpiece Last-minute advice and support on your papers Program evaluation & breakout...