Thursday, April 8, 2021

april 8

for our MOM: experience each second

JOURNAL TOPIC:
[today's tunes: "Time of the Season" by The Zombies]
Today's journal time will be quick. Our whole meeting will last less than 30 minutes. In these moments, I'm mindful of sayings I've heard my whole life, like "haste makes waste." It makes sense to me that rushing causes people to get sloppy in their work. This gets worse when we combine rushing with cycles of procrastination. But getting things done also requires decisive action that sometimes needs to be speedy. The best advice I ever received about this came from Hall of Fame UCLA Basketball Coach John Wooden, who put it this way: "Be quick but don't hurry." What are some things you do quickly, but not so quickly that you cut corners on quality?

- OR -

Choose your own topic.

AGENDA:
1. Our MOM
2. Journal
3. Check-in / status / plan

DELIVERABLE:
1. Please send me an email in which you describe your scholarship process. What did you find? Have you applied yet? Would you like me to help you brainstorm or edit? (subject header for email: MY SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH)

2. I will be auditing your blogs this weekend - and sharing them with my daughter, who is nearly 12. As we read, we're going to talk about what makes sense, what shows mastery and promise, and what can be improved. So, pro tip: make sure your blog is up to date and represents your best thinking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

this is it (here, for now ;)

We have a full day today: Mindfulness Dael's Masterpiece Last-minute advice and support on your papers Program evaluation & breakout...